Anyone have a sense of impending meltdown?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone have a sense of impending meltdown?

Post by greendragon on Sun 04 May 2008, 2:01 pm

I suppose it could be because of the all the negative news and my focus being there as of late, however It seems surreal to me at times like everything that is normal right now is just temporary and will be going away soon. However also there is a since of optimisim like people are waking up and despite the pain it will cause what ever tough times we have ahead will be an opportunity to reboot the system for the better so to speak. Anyone feeling this way?

I certianly don't want total breakdown or civil war though. War torn countries are not pretty.
greendragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone have a sense of impending meltdown?

Post by hawkiye on Sun 04 May 2008, 2:12 pm

Yes I know the feeling... We have to enjoy life too though spend time with friends family and loved ones. Take time to smell the roses also. Sometimes hard to do I know. But who knows what the future will bring so don't waste any good times we have now.
hawkiye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Saul4paul on Sun 04 May 2008, 5:47 pm

"A people can move through the ages, and not disrupt time. A single man can take this movement of people and change history" Saul4Paul on Ron Paul, the coming civil war.

Saul4paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by dc9 on Mon 05 May 2008, 2:33 am

There is much anxiety and turmoil because we are at the cusp of that point where mankind must assert his freedom and liberty or become the chattel poperty of masters that have plans thousands of years in the making. It is the final decision point that will determine whether mankind will ascend to his destiny or fall into the pit. It has been spoken of since time unrecorded by history by mystics, shamen, medicine men, holy men, whatever you wish to call them. It is contained within the visions of the native american, the Mayan Calendar, the prophecies of the Bible, the Vedas, the Koran and permeates all of the true esoteric knowledge of the species. And we are at the cusp.

dc9

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Frank_Castle on Mon 05 May 2008, 5:53 pm

I don't sweat it too much. All anyone can do is just prepare for the worst, hope for the best and let the chips fall were they may.

Frank_Castle

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kunzang on Thu 08 May 2008, 12:59 pm

Yes, for the first time, disaster can hit from so many different directions - economic collapse, natural disasters, famine and food shortages, escalation of warfare (with very deadly and secretive weapons), political meltdown and marshall law - all of these possibilities are not just some theory (like Y2K), but are actually occurring before our very eyes. The only unknown is how bad it will get.

Kunzang

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tuma on Sat 17 May 2008, 8:32 am

greendragon wrote:I suppose it could be because of the all the negative news and my focus being there as of late, however It seems surreal to me at times like everything that is normal right now is just temporary and will be going away soon. However also there is a since of optimisim like people are waking up and despite the pain it will cause what ever tough times we have ahead will be an opportunity to reboot the system for the better so to speak. Anyone feeling this way?

I certianly don't want total breakdown or civil war though. War torn countries are not pretty.

I hope we DON'T have a "survivalist future" with massive breakdown--but I expect that we will.

As Ron Paul points out, "there is profound ignorance" in Washington. This realization should frighten people even more than the conspiracy theorist's assumption that all-powerful, all-knowing people are firmly in charge of everything. Although conspiracy theorists are often vindicated by history, I believe the real truth is that the nation's elites, as Lou Dobbs calls them, are certainly arrogant and in control, but they are also profoundly ignorant at the same time!

This doesn't bode well for America's future or the future of the entire world (which is still dependent on the US despite the industrialization of China). Something is going to break soon in the economy or global infrastructure, and it will not be easily fixed. (My guess is it will be a hyperinflationary collapse.)

When that happens, all hell will break loose. It's going to be ugly.

Kevin Tuma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Eddie Willers on Fri 06 Jun 2008, 1:10 pm

Definitely an aura of "vincibility" out there right now. The preppers' food places are as busy as just before Y2K. The energy & food spikes really bring it home to a lot more people.

Also, everybody's 10 years more in debt. Practically everybody I know carries a $20k+ credit card balance. And virtually all bought their houses at or near the top.

I sought and found a "recession proof" contract. I'm taking less money, but I'm going to keep them happy because it will last far longer than most contracts in my field (software engineering).

Wish I still had my 17 acres, but alas we don't. Instead, we've learned about EarthBoxes, and $20 raised bed plans, and if it gets bad enough, we'll put a mini greenhouse on our porch.

From what I understand, we should be able to grow enough tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and melons to feed us and give away and can the rest.

By hook or crook, I guess I'll lose some weight, finally.

'Eddie

Eddie Willers

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tuma on Mon 09 Jun 2008, 5:06 am

Eddie Willers wrote:Definitely an aura of "vincibility" out there right now. The preppers' food places are as busy as just before Y2K. The energy & food spikes really bring it home to a lot more people.

Also, everybody's 10 years more in debt. Practically everybody I know carries a $20k+ credit card balance. And virtually all bought their houses at or near the top.

I sought and found a "recession proof" contract. I'm taking less money, but I'm going to keep them happy because it will last far longer than most contracts in my field (software engineering).

Wish I still had my 17 acres, but alas we don't. Instead, we've learned about EarthBoxes, and $20 raised bed plans, and if it gets bad enough, we'll put a mini greenhouse on our porch.

From what I understand, we should be able to grow enough tomatoes, peppers, cucumbers, and melons to feed us and give away and can the rest.

By hook or crook, I guess I'll lose some weight, finally.

'Eddie

Just make sure it isn't water weight. If there's a breakdown in society and the food chain, the most dangerous thing will be drought and water cutoffs from the main supply.

Kevin Tuma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkiye on Mon 09 Jun 2008, 1:37 pm

Kevin Tuma wrote:
Just make sure it isn't water weight. If there's a breakdown in society and the food chain, the most dangerous thing will be drought and water cutoffs from the main supply.

Here is some links to digging your own well by hand with a
drive point. It depends of the water level
where you live but water can be found in most places within 50 feet contrary to
what commercial well drillers will tell you, remember they get paid by the
foot.

http://www.extension.umn.edu/distribution/naturalresources/DD0951.html

http://www.purdue.edu/envirosoft/private/src/drill.htm

There is another one I canít find at the moment that has and excellent step by step method and a way to draw the
water if you donít have an electric pump. Iíll add it when I find it
hawkiye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by radicalgma on Sat 05 Jul 2008, 11:19 am

Thanks for the links. We have been discussing doing this because we have a very high water table here..about 2.5 to 3 feet.

I am interested in the one that works without an electric pump if you find it. Very Happy
radicalgma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Impending Meltdown

Post by MontgomeryScott on Fri 18 Jul 2008, 10:43 pm

In a word, YUP.
'Nuf said about this-
MontgomeryScott

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top