Need info on reloading

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Need info on reloading

Post by hopefulfilled on Wed 04 Jun 2008, 11:23 am

My husband wants information on reloading. He knows nothing about it, so any and all information would be welcome. What brand reloader? Does a reloader do all kinds of ammo? Is reloaded ammo better or worse than store boughten? Thanks to all who reply.

hopefulfilled

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Need info on reloading

Post by hawkiye on Wed 04 Jun 2008, 5:45 pm

brands are personal preference. I have a Lees brand. But I have never used it, as I just haven't had the time. Other brands are RCBS and Dillon etc. Dillon is considered top of the line by many but it is also more expensive.

Some folks recommend getting a single stage reloader to begin with then a progressive one.

Yes there are reloader's that will do all kinds of ammo you just change the dies for the type of ammo..

Reloaded ammo is generally considered not as good if using used brass. however it depends on your skill and the weapon you will be shooting it through. However if you use new brass it can be as good or better then factory loaded depending on your skills at reloading.

I have never reloaded myself so take what I say with a grain of salt. Do a search on the web and you'll find all kinds of info. and there are plenty of books. Pay attention to detail and safety. Hopefully somebody here who has more experience then I will chime in.
hawkiye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by keydl on Sat 16 Aug 2008, 7:23 pm

midwayusa.com has everything for mail order reloading, leeprecision.com has a lot of information and they are a manufacture.

I used a LEE Loader with a mallet for several years and it worked well. It cost $11 and shells were $5 for 20 and I could practice for a nickel. They are now $24 and and the primer costs more than a nickel but a box of 20 can be done for less than $5. The bottom dollar for 1 shell is about $60-80 and covers a hundred with stuff left over for the next bunch.

A loaded, 100 box of bullets, 100 tray of primer and a little powder come in about 2 pounds and fit in a sock with 20 loaded rounds for those that like to travel light.

keydl

keydl

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hopefulfilled on Sat 16 Aug 2008, 7:26 pm

Hey, thanks so much. My husband isn't here right now, but he will be very interested in checking out this site, and learning this stuff.

hopefulfilled

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top