Anyone try the Lowes Heirloom Seeds?

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Anyone try the Lowes Heirloom Seeds?

Post by hawkiye on Mon 05 May 2008, 12:37 am

Just wondering if anyone has tried the Lowe's Heirloom seeds before and knows if their any good or anything about them?

hawkiye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Anyone try the Lowes Heirloom Seeds?

Post by Saul4paul on Sun 04 May 2008, 4:18 pm

I saw those the other day after I had planted the "Ferry Morse" seeds that I bought at Lowes. I planted bush beans and corn. The beans were suppose to come up in about 9 days, it took 3 weeks, and the corn hasn't come up yet. I will give the corn another week before I plow them.

Saul4paul

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Retrocon on Sun 04 May 2008, 5:43 pm

I have tried the herbs from the Ferry Morse organic heirloom selection at Lowes (sage, oregano, chives). All of them have sprouted so far, and they look like they are growing well. I planted all of each packet in a pot, and I'm really going to have to thin them (snip snip) in another week or so.

Retrocon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by MUSTANGMOM on Thu 05 Jun 2008, 11:35 am

I want to always buy heirloom seeds as I'm afraid of getting GM seeds in the mix. I order from seed catalogs.

MUSTANGMOM

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Kevin Tuma on Mon 09 Jun 2008, 3:42 am

Saul4paul wrote:I saw those the other day after I had planted the "Ferry Morse" seeds that I bought at Lowes. I planted bush beans and corn. The beans were suppose to come up in about 9 days, it took 3 weeks, and the corn hasn't come up yet. I will give the corn another week before I plow them.

It may be a little too late in the season for corn. I'm not an expert on corn, but on my farm and surrounding farms (in Texas), the renter usually has corn planted early enough that it's five feet tall this time of the year and already producing large ears.

Kevin Tuma

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by hawkiye on Mon 09 Jun 2008, 4:36 pm

I bought some, I have string beans, cucumbers, spinach, Lettuce, and carrots all coming up fine. Tomatoes and Peppers did not come up so I replanted and we'll see. I am surprised at the tomatoes not coming up I have always said if you can't grow tomatoes you should give up gardening LOL! Apricots, Pears, and Cherries all doing great and A new apple tree that replaced one that died and it has two apples on it LOL!. I also have a new nectarine that replaced a dead one and it doing well but no fruit this year.

Also put in some grape vines, and a raspberry and blackberry bush, and two blue berry bushes all doing well.

hawkiye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Heirloom seeds

Post by Anarchist on Mon 16 Jun 2008, 10:03 am

Only purchase seeds that are guaranteed heirloom/organic such as Baker Creek Heirloom Seeds or Seed Savers Exchange and others.

http://rareseeds.com/

http://www.seedsavers.org/

Voluntary Association + Mutual Cooperation + 110% Personal Responsibility = 100% Individual Liberty

Anarchist

View user profile

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top