Hi and nice to meet you all!

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Hi and nice to meet you all!

Post by Mama on Mon 23 Feb 2009, 7:45 pm

I'm Mama, and I found these forums through a series of links from other websites. I love what I'm reading so far. I'm a homeschooling stay at home mama of two, and we have a backyard organic garden, are all Master Food Preservers, and I am also a somewhat trained herbalist (lots of online courses).
My dream is to find (organize?) a real life Galt's Gulch. If you don't know what that is, read Atlas Shrugged by Ayn Rand. If you are familiar with Galt's Gulch and think it sounds like a good idea, let's start talking.
I also want to learn how to butcher. My husband hunted as a young man,but hasn't for years, and only did some bird hunting now and then. I fished with my dad, but never learned to clean and gut fish--I think he liked doing it himself! So I have some great skills to add to a Gulch, and would love to learn more. I live in the Tri-Cities (SE Washington state).
I look forward to getting to know you!

Mama

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Hi and nice to meet you all!

Post by hawkiye on Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:31 pm

Welcome to the board! Sounds like you have some great knowledge to share! Things have been slow on the board lately but would love to get it hoping.

As for Galt's Gulch I hear you. I love Atlas Shrugged, one of the best books ever written. Some of us are working on it now. Go to the Rendezvous and check out the thread on a group buy of property.

hawkiye

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by greendragon on Tue 24 Feb 2009, 10:33 pm

Welcome and nice to meet you too. Hope to learn great things from you!

greendragon

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top